Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Another reno project checked off the list.

I made this!

Well... I made it with my Dad.  Which is still pretty awesome because it's not like he's a carpenter either.  He just happens to have a bit more experience with do-it-yourselfing.  And he had the sawhorses.

Specifically, I'm talking about that shoe shelf nooked ever so casually into our front entryway.  To understand how epic this project was, you need to understand that the two flanking walls are not straight.  Each shelf is a custom shaped rhombus that fits the space between the two walls at one specific height.

Since this was my Dad and I this involved two trips to the hardware store, the death of one measuring tape, and approximately 35% more wood than a professional might need (anybody want a black, oddly shaped rhombus or two?) but it instantly transformed the cleanliness of our entry way and is still satisfying to look at more than a week later.  Fully satisfying - and a goal on my 101 list.

1 comment:

Meg said...

look at all those shoes!!!