Saturday, April 16, 2005

Benchmark Blues

I should be excited. I just finished 50,000 words on my novel. Why am I still so blue?

'Cause you suck.

Lady Rose and Falula (the evil twin) went out this afternoon, then called me to ferry them to a later engagement with at least some of the pirates. I'm expecting a call from her ladyship when she wants to get picked up. I chose to stay, to write. Its supposed to be a chance for me to get deep into the writing. But I barely got enough to meet my number, and immediately went off to watch old episodes of Enterprise I've had on tape for months.

He got his first chance to really work, and he folded like a cheap card table. Is it all a bluff we wonder? Is he really just playing for time before he admits that the "writer" thing is an ill-fitting costume that does nothing more than justify the lack of any other direction?

I hate waiting for the call. I should be doing things, at least entertaining myself, but better yet accomplishing something. Even doing the god-damn dishes.

Yeah. Cause dishes will make you feel better.

No comments: