Sunday, April 03, 2005

The Sunday that bites back

Stupid daylight savings time - the switchback is always a surreal sunday. When I was young it was always the sunday where you laughed at all the people who came in late for church. Now its a time where you manage to feel unrested as you botch making pancakes and fail to pass the next level on a children's video game. I finally got the day turned around when I put our barbecue to use for the first time this year.

We watched Lost in Space, the movie, after dinner, because it was on the Space Station and we were bored. But we watched it on tape to avoid the commercials.

Basically they wasted the whole flipping day.

Hey, we did some dishes.

Oooh. Intense.

Tonight when I sat down to read a bit from The Right to Write by Julia Cameron I got chastised but good - the chapter was on waiting for the "mood" to write. So I laughed at myself again for how easily I fall into traps so obvious a stranger knows I'm going to hit them and forced myself to at least edit a bit - and ended up putting down 500 words or so of new stuff too.

Oh! Lady Rose and I also planned out meals for the week and even decided to invite our parents over for a barbecue next weekend. I've got to get fillings done this week and I'm not sure which fills me with more dread.

I don't know who he thinks he's kidding. Deep down he believes that all dentists are nazis. Pencil us in for maudlin whining late Thursday night.

No comments: