Monday, August 28, 2006

Cash Money in the Desert of the Soul

Didn't have much to do at work today. But crazybirdlady had three work rumours for me to chew on. Of course, I'm never sure which to believe because about half turn out to be misunderstandings or get changed before they come about, but she was right about the company covering our premiums for benefits, it just took longer to come about than anticipated. Anyway, I wait with interest to see what happens.

At lunch I mailed the revised script for "Romeo and Hamlet" to another contest. I guess after getting a terse rejection letter from a pro company in Toronto its kind of in the realm of "getting back on the horse". When I was younger I decided at one point to train myself on rejection. I was going to mail out a bunch of writing, ask girls out, try out for stuff. Well, I ended up getting a really bit part in a play, and the first girl I was going to ask out was waffling and I got scared she'd say yes, and I was more lazy than dejected about the writing stuff I guess... anyway it never really went anywhere. I was always doing things like that - setting out on some crazy extreme thing like 'How long can I go without speaking?' except they were always impractical in some way or I chickened out or something. Never went anywhere I guess. But I still cling to my saying of those days (poached from Oliver Stone's Wild Palms) "Everything Must Go".

2 comments:

Meg said...

look at this, update-a-palooza!

I'm with you on the extremist rejection ambitions. That's why I'm going speed dating. What better way to stroke the ol' rejecto-fires than to be shunned by 10 men in one evening?

Lady Rose said...

But, Everything Must Go was the catch phrase for the creepy, evil side bent on world domination through mind control. I'm pretty sure you were supposed to side with James Belushi.

insert witty quote about reaching for the beach house here.