Wednesday, January 14, 2009

In the nicest possible way of course

So I got home yesterday to find a rejection message on my answering machine from a pretty major theatre company.  It's kind of like getting slapped, but you're slapped by Angelina Jolie, and she's wearing a velvet glove, and nothing else.

I mean, I'm trying to stay positive and see the bright side where its an honour that they went out of their way to call me, but underneath it's still hard.  Despite a mission (which has lasted more than a decade) to get better at dealing with rejection, it still eats at me.  Steals my enthusiasm for other projects - which makes me even more grumpy, if that's possible.  And all the successes in the world don't seem to take the edge off.

So no, I didn't go to the hardware store tonight - I went home and sulked.


3 comments:

Lady Rose said...

but, but, but....my paint chips!! and de-icer. and other hardware store things!!

Clearly you're not the shopper I thought you were. Purchasing goods should ease that rejection pain.

Meg said...

I find that material posessions always soothe my rejection pain.

Meg said...

I also find that blogging regularly helps with rejection pain.